The visit of the Holy Myrrh-Streaming Hawaiian Iveron Icon to Holy Apostles in Beltsville, Maryland
On Saturday, September 10, 2022, through timing arranged by God's gracious providence, our parish was thrice blessed. His Grace, Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan, was able to join us to celebrate a Hierarchical Divine Liturgy in our chapel at Twin Chimneys Office Park, coinciding with the visit of the miraculous, myrrh-streaming, Hawaiian Iveron Icon of the Mother of God, brought by her faithful caretaker and guardian, Father Deacon Nectarios. Following the Divine Liturgy, the Icon was taken to our Historic Chapel and Campus to bless the property. A few images are posted here.
This holy icon has been streaming fragrant myrrh for 15 years, and travels the world, blessing the faithful. We are deeply grateful for her visits to our mission parish!
You can view videos of this blessed visit on our Facebook page:
- Fr. Christopher Johnson with the Hawaiian Iveron Icon (1 min.)
- Vesting of Bishop Nicholas (4 min.)
- Complete Hierarchical Liturgy (3 hrs.)
Learn more about the Hawaiian Iveron Icon through these links:
- Holy Theotokos of Iveron Orthodox Church - The home church of the Myrrh-streaming Hawaiian Iveron Icon
- Icon of Unity - The Hawaiian Myrrh-Streaming Icon of the Mother of God (VIDEO) - Includes report of the Icon's 2012 visit to the ROCOR Eastern Diocese of America, plus a brief history of the miraculour Icon, and interviews with her caretaker and others.
- Miraculous Healing of the Custodian of the Myrrh-Streaming Hawaiian Iveron Icon of the Mother of God - A major recent (2018) chapter in the ongoing story of the Hawaiian Iveron Icon.
- Another Recent Miracle of the Hawaiian Iveron Icon of the Mother of God - The raising of a man from a coma in 2016.
- The Montreal Iveron Myrrh-Streaming Icon of the Mother of God - Learn about the Montreal Iveron Icon, of which the Hawaiian version is a copy.
- ROCOR Gathering Documents towards the Canonization of Br. José Muñoz-Cortes - The cause for sainthood of the caretaker of the Montreal Iveron Myrrhstreaming Icon proceeds. Includes a link to a more complete Life of Br. José.
O most holy Theotokos, save us!
(Want to contribute to our General Fund?
Please scroll down ~ Thank you!)
Everywhere he went he either oversaw the building of churches or supported the same with his attention and prayers... He wrote about the godly work of building churches:
"In building churches here on earth, we create for ourselves eternal habitations in heaven."